CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

GOOD and BAD

GOOD: i got word that i can get my driver's license back!

BAD: i lost my social security card and need that to get my license back. oh and i need $100 too!

GOOD: in the month of OCT i have three huge babysitting gigs. gigs = boucoups bucks!

BAD: until then, i have $2 in my wallet and $1.50 left on my charlie card (which allows me to ride on the bus and train) and it costs $1.50 for each leg of the trip.

GOOD: the weather has been really nice making my commute pain-free!

BAD: i dropped my ipod and it broke- no more music on the train- it breaks my heart!!!

GOOD: i have amazing friends who have been so helpful with food, money and rides- i'm so lucky and i really am learning the law of letting people help.

BAD: got some really heartbreaking news from one of my siblings this week. still processing the pain.

GOOD: i got an unexpected raise from the stingy money lady at wheelock- she likes me- she really likes me!

BAD: because of one of the babysitting gigs that will be monetarily plentiful- i won't be able to audition for PETER PAN- i am more sad than i can say.

GOOD: went night swimming in walden pond with friends last night. the moon was full and so beautiful- played a great game of truth or dare (julie i love you more than before)- got freaked out by other people in the woods and ended it all with a drive through lexington in seth's convertible... amazing!


+++

i have been getting so caught up in the hard things lately. the bad things. i'm sad a lot about the downs- but realize that it's not fair to dwell on them and to not count the good. for each BAD i make myself find a GOOD and it's worked out okay. things could always be worse- and it's not like i didn't expect the bad either. i knew that by making this choice i was opening myself up for the bad to try and thwart my plan of being happy in this life.

i had dinner with good friends last night and the missionaries. at the end of dinner, like they always do, they shared a spiritual message- which couldn't have been more perfectly timed. elder sato talked about how moses had gone through the most amazing things like seeing God face to face and knew what he was called to do. only after this experience did satan come in to tempt him. and how interesting it is that satan waited until after the amazing experience to attack.

much like he does with each of us on a daily basis. we are given power and light to move in a certain direction and we know with all of our hearts that it's the right thing to do. then the trials come from the left and right and if we aren't careful we'll start to back down and inch away- just to stay safe.

so it is with all of my effort that i cling to the idea of finding the positive when all i can see is negative. to start counting those blessings- just so i can see that they are really there.

0 comments: