CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

LOSS

and so it goes with every success story- the reality of loss. those moments that push an individual to make a choice- will i give up or will i move forward?

this week has, essentially, been a week of loss.

didn't get the LES MIS gig
lost my saturday morning class due to low enrollment
lost my ability to drive (at least for a while)
lost $300 getting my car back
lost a good friend because there is essential change

i promised i would give you a rundown of the highs and lows... and this is definitely a low. not that i am hopeless- on the contrary- it was HENRY B EYRING of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles that said "you know you are on the right path when it's hard and goes uphill."

so i continue to have faith that what i am doing is right and good. but that doesn't take the bitter sting out of losing things we either want or used to have. it doesn't stop the tears from falling when things are hard or hurt. and so today i give myself permission to cry about some of these things... it's important.

tomorrow will bring new things- for good and bad- i pray that with each shift i will get the strength i need to keep myself in motion. today, i hope you don't care if i stick my thumb in my mouth and cry a little.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Keep the faith babe things will work out!

Kelly said...

Oh, I'm sorry about the gig and the class! But I reiterate what I said on Sunday: I'm so proud of you!