CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 7, 2007

Any Progress is Good Progress

so the audition for "erenest" went well. i made a last minute decision to forgo the second monologue (the one i wasn't so sure about) and use the script sides that they had provided. in the long run i felt like this was a wise choice. it gave them a chance to see that i could play the "period."

so the director worked with me a few different ways-- asking me to read the part "young" and then try it again "older." i really think she was seeing where she could put me. it just might be that i am too old to play the younger girl and too young to play the older girl.

all in all i felt really good about my performance and don't really care all that much if i hear back from them-- which i haven't-- but who knows anything can happen in the theater and i was taught early to never question.

AND NOW FOR THE GOODIES

the following 4 things happened today that were both smallish yet put a smile on my face:

1- i did finally hear back from the theater doing LES MISERABLES-- my audition is this sunday at 7pm... welcome to the non-mormon world of doing things on sunday! this is the one i really wanted to do, though. i, of course, would only be in the chorus if i made it- as all of their lead roles are cast through this thing out here called stage source... but it would open some good doors for me and i could use the practice-- i'm a little rusty. ANYWAY i had tried to set up an audition a week ago and hadn't heard from the dude- until today... yip yip!

2- i FINALLY heard from the director of education regarding the public schools thing that i will be doing (if you don't know what this is, don't worry about it... i am sure to be talking about it non-stop once it gets going). my first meeting is in two weeks and i am really thrilled to get going on it.

3- i was contacted by a friend from the theater i teach at and asked to come interview for a part-time box office position. i am so stoked i can't even tell you. two words-- THEATER and FLEXIBILITY. my kind of job!

4- i also had a great interview today at a sporting goods store (i know some peeps that work there) that would allow me to make some moola and still carry my badge of starving artist! AND to make it even better- they put my bike together and taught me how to do it myself-- so i rode my bike home in the sweltering heat-- boo yah!

i can't even tell you guys how awesome this experience has been so far. okay, i know it's only been a week-- ask me about it two months from now-- but seriously, this feels right and it really doesn't get much better than that!

1 comments:

ju said...

i can't even tell you how happy it makes me to read this. i love you. you're a superstar.