CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Excuse me???

i'm sorry jane, did i hear you right?
oh, that's what i thought you said.
but how in the world could you have thought that i had a good audition- i forgot all my lines and my song wasn't so hot?
that's so nice
oh, i know you aren't the kind of person to say nice things to people just to be nice... but i just well... i guess i needed to hear that... i just didn't want to look unprepared.
oh... thank you for saying that i am talented... i was beginning to wonder {smile} and you promise i didn't look unprepared.
{sigh of relief}
thanks jane.

ONE WEEK LATER...

oh i'm sorry jane, what was that? {putting the receiver back on the phone}
i'm sorry, having trouble with my hearing since this head cold is raging... i thought you said you wanted to call me back to read for the part of the Older Wendy...
oh you DID say that {flushed}
sure i can make the audition on monday october 29 and i will be prepared to tap dance and juggle penguins if you need me to!
oh, you didn't think that was funny, sorry.
well, yes... thank you jane

{to myself} were we really at the same audition???
who cares- I GOT A CALLBACK!!! YIPPEEE!



4 comments:

ju said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! darling, i'm so proud of you. i knew you couldn't have done as bad as you thought.

my camping gear is at the ready!

Jodi and Jesse said...

YEA!!!!!!! Go Peg! I'm so excited for you!! You ARE very talented...and all your friends are here to remind you of that. Don't get down sugar - you got the stuff!

The Dean's said...

WOOHOO!!!

Rachel said...

sheesh you're hard on yourself, Good JOB!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!