CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING

i had a friend in town this past weekend. on our way to church, in his pimped out caddy rental i told him we would probably have to park far away because we were a bit late... he scoffed and told me that we were going to get really close parking because he had decided it. i totally made fun of him for this and he talked my ear off about how good things will happen to those that believe it. then he turned into the "horse-shoe" (the circular street right outside the church, where there is almost ALWAYS no parking for us late-comers). i was floored when, right in the front of the door to the chapel was a HUGE parking space- with plenty of space for our mother-load of a car.

point taken.

i have been thinking about this a lot and realized something about myself. when i was younger, the world nor anyone that would dare to try could not stop me from being who i wanted to be. i was empowered by my positive thoughts- and good things did come my way- mostly because i decided they would be that way.

then life happened. disappointments happened. people and things let me down and somewhere along the way i became good friends with the cynic monster. not always believing in the good things... not always expecting things to go right-- on the contrary-- knowing they would go wrong... because that's what happens in my world. being the fulfiller of my own negative prophecies of failure.

i have decided it's time to bring back the old peggy that had all the confidence in the world to become anything she wants to be... that has the drive to make it all happen and can use the knowledge gained over those hard years to make the better decisions and focus on the "open parking spot." no more poo pooing my plans- no more second guessing myself- no more negativity!

dude i am so ready for my prime parking spot- i've waited so long for this... it's my turn!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pigletta,

I decided it was time to start blogging about my insignificant musings, even IF no one else reads them!

I had a great time seeing you, even if it was only for a few hours. We definately need to do Mike's again.

And don't reveal our new screenplay line to ANYONE!!! It will become a classic movie line when we get our movie made. I LOVE GPS!!! hehe